Tuesday, July 7, 2009

1/24 Mondo Motors BMW M3 e92

Since Eric trusts me to drop a few lines for this blog, so here we go, I present you with BMW M3 e92 made by Mondo Motors which also known as Motor Max.

Beforehand, lemme tell you a brief story how I end up having this great replica.

I’ve been one of the hugest fans of M powered BMW 3 series since I was a kid. Initially, I loved the e30 back then, but across the time, I begin to love e36 more, and after BMW releasing the e92, I realize that I desire the e92 most. Look at those two liver grills! Headlight! Interior! V8 engine! Oh my, what a great car it is! As a 1:24 die cast collector, I’ve been dreaming, waiting, and searching to get my hands on this beautiful car in 1:24 scale.

Finally, the wait is over. I eventually found this BEEMER listed on Germany eBay for sale while I was doing my school assignment. Please don’t ask me how come I end up visiting eBay site as I was struggling & dying to finish up my assignment! LOL. Without any hesitation, I hit the ‘buy it now’ button and brought my dream into reality.

Later on, the bill came to me from paypal and it was clear that I have to spend some of my fortune, bloody AUD 50. “Relax! Don’t worry mate! It is your dream, Chris! Trust me, you won’t regret it! You did a fantastic job! Just pay for it, okay!” was what I heard in my mind on that very day. Indeed, that voice didn’t do me wrong.

Okay, enough for my crappy story and now time for some pics and comments!!!

My first impression was WOW because I was impressed by the carbon fiber roof that looks so real! However, I was let down by the undersized wheels and lousy headlight. Other than these, it is PERFECTO! This particular diecast is only available in two colors, white and grey. I picked the white one as it looks better in my opinion.

As I can't stand looking at the undersized wheels, I changed these wheels with a set of 1/24 Aoshima Leon Hardiritt Bugel 20 inch wheels which later on were replaced by the new released 1/24 Fujimi BBS LM 20 inch. Afterward, I gave a bit of detailing touch on the air dam and panel lines in place to keep the car away from looking like a toy.

Sitting on Leon Hardiritt Bugel

The headlight is so undersized too

While sitting on BBS LM 20 inch

Panel lines were given

Carbon fibre roof & shark fin antenna

The interior is pretty well made. As you may see the side panel and the seat are wrapped on beige color. I would say that the dashboard and the steering wheel are the exact mirror of the actual ones.

Lovely beige color interior

Poor engine details

double twin exhausts look great, don't they?

Cute or Fierce? Judge yourself ^^

Lastly, I would say that I’m quite satisfied with the quality of this diecast. But I’ve seen a few better quality car diecasts such as 1/24 bBurago Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (see this review by Eric here) and 1/24 Cararama Golf GTI. Overall, I rate 8/10 for this newest car made by Mondo Motors.

Written by Christopher




No comments:

Post a Comment